Saturday, October 06, 2007

everyday

i look different.. every minute actually. :)tis odd.. but some things remain the same.. i was at my nephew Elijah's birthday yesterday-- his first-- so cool.. i got him a drum-- so did his auntie on the other side.. oops! his poor mom wont be getting sleep - even when she's not on call at the hospital. anyhoo-- my brother, big poppa, took out an old pic of me him and our eldest brother, Fanon. in the pic Fanon is scowling, Furqan (BP) laughing, and me leaning on my elbow, hand on chin, in quite a classic deep thought (ala penseur, the thinker) pose.. my nephew's nanny said i looked quite (physically) different-- yeah my hair was whiter, i was smaller (on all counts:), and yeah and i just looked whiter. but whatever.. it was that state of reflection that i recognzed in myself immediately, even as an 8 year old - was comforting- made me feel like i was on some sort of path.. alhumduallah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home